July



Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh




Sunday, July 8, 2012

When I Grow Up I Want to be a Farmer

It has been nearly a year since my last post. How can that possibly be?
This has been a year for shifting gears. A rough economy for successive years in the building industry (critical to my day job) has taken a brutal toll on our resources and has necessitated the addition of a new "day job". The new situation has limited my attention for flowers (or friends or housekeeping)  and also demanded that they pay their fare share of the rent.
I do know that this little cottage flower business has the potential for blossoming into real income should I make the leap and devote my time entirely. However, a sure thing it is not and how do I dare risk it? Or even more important...ask my family to risk it?
A quote has come to my attention recently which has started me thinking...

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman


No comments:

Post a Comment